Since 2001 Pepper has transformed itself from a small company in Sydney to a 1600-strong force across Australia, Asia and Europe.
In 2017, the Innovation Team is running a Summer Internship Program. We are looking for University students in their final year of study or who have just completed their degree in 2016 to participate in this program. Up to five interns will then work together on the delivery of innovation initiatives.
We are looking for interns across multiple disciplines including: Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Electronics, Robotics, and Software Development. The interns will work with the Innovation Team in our North Sydney office.
Do you know anyone who meets the criteria?
If you do we would be happy to accept expressions of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to apply we will require a CV along with details about their course of study. We will then be shortlisting our applicants and then inviting shortlisted applicants to participate in our recruitment day in early December.
Senior Lending Specialist - Direct Mortgages
Reporting to the Manager, Direct Operations, the purpose of the Senior Lending Specialist in our expanding Direct sales channel is to generate new business from supplied leads, and manage the end to end sales process from initial enquiry to transaction completion.
Candidates need to have the capability to stretch themselves and be motivated by meeting sales targets. They must also enjoy working in a changing environment as the business continues to grow.
For more information, email: email@example.com
- Prospect for new business opportunities from existing direct networks
- Conduct telephone loan appointments with borrowers
- Process and write loan applications for submission
- Communicate clearly with internal and external clients
- Maintain turnaround times to meet our customers’ needs and exceed expectations
- Ability to work well within a team
Controls Assurance Officer - Risk and Compliance
As Pepper’s growth continues we are now advertising for the role of Controls Assurance Officer to join our expanding Risk and Compliance Department.
Reporting to the Operational Risk Manager, the purpose of the Controls Assurance Officer role is to review business operations to provide assurance to business as to the adequacy of controls put in place to manage key business and entity risks, as well as identify opportunities to improve the design, usage and overall effectiveness of the control environment.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conduct controls testing reviews as per the agreed Annual Test Plan.
- Ensure that any new risks identified during testing are flagged to the Business Unit and Operational Risk Team so they can be assessed and quantified.
- Assess and measure the adequacy of the design and usage of controls put in place to manage key business and entity risks in line with the agreed Control Assurance Framework.
- Assist business unit management in identifying and developing treatment plans to improve the design, usage and overall effectiveness of the control environment (if required).
- Liaison with Risk Owners and the Operational Risk Team to ensure risk profiles and control scores are amended in the GRC System to accurately reflect outcomes from Control Testing Reviews.
- Accurately upload findings from Control Testing Reviews to GRC System and ensure treatment plans are allocated correctly to responsible managers.
- Ongoing monitoring of outstanding treatment plans with treatment plan owners, including reviewing evidence of treatment plan completion.
Taxation Manager – Compliance and Governance Processes
With the continued growth of our brand and the expansion of our business we are currently seeking an experience Taxation Manager – Compliance and Governance to join our growing workforce. Reporting to the Global Head of Tax, the role is to support the Finance team in meeting tax compliance deadlines and ensuring that the tax governance framework is applied.
This role can be either full time or part time depending on the successful candidate’s requirements.
For more information email email@example.com
- Implement aspects of the Tax Management System and Risk Framework in respect of tax compliance.
- Implementation of tax accounting and tax compliance information systems to support the improvement of tax governance and tax compliance processes.
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing income tax returns and Business Activity Statements in line with Pepper’s tax governance framework.
- Review of income tax effect accounting calculations at mid-year and year end.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, external advisers and Revenue authorities to ensure information is provided in a timely manner.
- Assist with and/or manage Revenue authority audits/risk reviews.
- Initiate and manage projects in respect of implementation of tax governance and tax compliance aspects of reforms, as required.
- Identification and review of new tax policies and procedures, including updating existing policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Assist with the development of tax forecasting for the Finance team.
We're always on the look out for outstanding people who can keep us moving forward.
We have offices around the world
Discover career opportunities in Ireland, UK, Spain and South Korea.