He was looking to consolidate debts and a history of credit defaults
- Age: 32 years old
- Occupation: PAYG Carpenter
- Income: Averaging $1,800 per week
- Assets: $400K home, $25K Ute; $12K Tools of Trade
- Liabilities: $150K Mortgage; $15K Car Loan; $20K Personal Loan; $25K Credit Card; $20K Credit Card; $10K Credit Card; $10K Store Card; $5K Interest Free Card
- Credit Impairment: $5K credit default registered 18 months ago (unpaid); $500 Utilities default registered 2 months ago (unpaid)
Theo had been through a divorce 18 months previously. He had taken over all marital debts and in addition he had accumulated a $20K personal loan which was used to pay legal fees when the property settlement was finalised.
Theo's mortgage statements were up-to-date but this broker noticed that the payments were often a week late and a few of the cards were also over their limit.
Theo was able to qualify for a Pepper Money Specialist Full Doc home loan.
Pepper Money does not credit score and does not have a limit on the number of debts that can be consolidated.
*for scenarios received by 4:30pm AEST
These case studies are based on real-life examples and have been provided solely for educational purposes. The case studies are not intended to imply any recommendation about any financial product(s) or constitute tax advice. If you require financial or tax advice you should consult a licensed financial or tax adviser. Outcomes will vary depending on the applicant’s individual circumstances. All applications are subject to Pepper Money's normal credit assessment and loan suitability criteria. Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply. Pepper Group Limited, Australian Credit Licence Number 286655, is the servicer of loans made by Pepper Finance Corporation Ltd ACN 094 317 647.