Hardship Assistance Information
- Posted Customer Service
We get that unexpected life events can happen. This can make maintaining loan repayments within the terms of your Pepper contract difficult.
If your financial circumstances have changed, and you are experiencing difficulties, Pepper’s Hardship Assistance Team can offer support and advice to help you manage the financial obligations of your loan.
Your request is treated in the strictest confidence and we can work together to find a solution. Read our Hardship Fact Sheet.
How can we help?
Where Pepper customers face financial difficulty, Pepper will:
- encourage the customer to talk to us directly, so we can discuss available options;
- proactively contact customers who may be experiencing financial difficulty; and
- offer payment options for customers to help them deal with changing circumstances.
We will assess your request based on the reason for your hardship and ask you questions designed to assist us with our assessment. For example, we may ask: What is the reason for your notice of hardship? Can you make any repayments, and if so when will you commence these? Will this be a long or short term situation? We will then assess your request and explain what options are available to you.
It's important that you keep us informed - making contact with us and keeping us updated on your situation is an important aspect of hardship assistance.
You can reach our Hardship Assist Team, Mondays to Fridays 8:30am - 5:30pm AEST.
Call our team on:
Australia: 1800 356 383
New Zealand: 0800 466 108
Download and complete a Statement of Financial Position (PDF) and send this to us.
If you wish to nominate someone to speak on your behalf please complete the Third Party Authorisation (PDF) form and send this to us.
Send forms via:
Post: PO Box 244 Parramatta CBD NSW 2124
Fax: 1300 597 864
You've submitted your request, what next?
- We will contact you within 21 days of your application. In some circumstances we may need further information from you, in these instances we will send you written notification outlining what we need.
- Upon making your application for financial assistance, all collections and legal activities will be suspended until we have made our decision or until the hardship period has ended.
What if my application for hardship is declined?
- You can have the decision further reviewed by our Customer Resolutions Team. You can contact them directly on 1800 356 246.
- You can ask a court to delay enforcement action against you.
- You can also have the decision reviewed by the Credit and Investments Ombudsman, a service that is available to you free of charge.
- You may also choose to speak to a financial counsellor. You can find a financial counsellor here.