We're here to help you.
Health and safety are our priority
We have seen a very difficult start to the year, with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, bushfires, and natural disasters. In all circumstances, the health and safety of our employees, customers and partners is our priority.
We are yet to fully understand the human, economic and potentially far reaching consequences of COVID-19, however we wanted to give you a sense of comfort and certainty that Pepper Money has a response plan.
Our plan includes responding swiftly as new information from the Australian and New Zealand governments come to hand. It also includes initiatives to minimise the impact to our employees, customers and partners, while maintaining continuity of business operations now and as the situation develops.
Being prepared is important
Your financial wellbeing is also a priority and we know that unexpected events can happen – like the one we are experiencing right now - which may make it difficult to maintain your loan repayments. If you are affected, please talk to us sooner rather than later.
Facing hard times and becoming aware of a changing situation or increasing difficulty is the first important step that you can take. Asking for help or reaching out to Pepper for assistance in dealing with your financial situation proactively enables you to be on the front foot.
Some people find it embarrassing or difficult to admit to their lender (or even themselves) that they are struggling with loan repayments, or they just hope things will get better and they’ll be okay. We also understand that some people are afraid to call their lender, as they believe this may affect their credit rating.
Whatever the case may be, the sooner you talk to us, the sooner we can understand your unique situation and discuss your options.
We will work side‑by‑side with you through this challenging time. It could be as simple as:
- accessing extra repayments made on your loan;
- adjusting your monthly repayments on your home loan in response to the recent interest rate reduction;
- the temporary postponement or reduction of loan repayments, or
- arranging a longer-term loan variation.
Our goal is to work with you, free of judgement and to offer a solution to assist you to get back on track.
Customers can apply for assistance online here and our team will get back to you within five working days. Alternatively you can reach our team on 1800 356 383, between 8:00am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (AEST), though please note our contact centre is currently experiencing longer than usual wait times.
Our team at Pepper Money is committed to standing with our employees, customers and partners to work through this situation together. Pepper Money is dedicated to helping people; it’s at the heart of what we do.
CEO Australia and New Zealand
Note: To view Mario's latest message to customers, click here.
Additional COVID-19 Support:
- Looking for Financial Relief Assistance? Visit our customer support hub for information on the options available to you.
- For more information on Coronavirus including advice on what you can do to protect yourself, please visit the Australian Government Department of Health website.
- Watch out for scams relating to COVID-19. Learn how to protect yourself from these types of cyber threats by visiting the Stay Smart Online Government website