Personal Loan Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for a personal loan with Pepper Money applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be 18 years or older
- Have no defaults (paid or unpaid) or active payday loans
- Not be current or prior bankrupt or have a court judgement
- Centrelink can be used as a secondary income in conjunction with PAYG income
- Require to pay the loan off between 18 and 84 months
- Require a loan of between $5,000 and $40,000
- Single & Joint borrowers
- Be employed (not on Probation): Full time, part-time, self-employed (tenure more than 24 months) or casual (tenure more than 6 months)
- Have acceptable identification, either:
○ Australian Passport (current or expired within the last 24 months) OR
○ An Australian Drivers Licence (current) and Medicare card (current)
Have these documents handy…
To help speed up the process, here is a list of documents to have ready:
- Front and back of your identification that you have used in your application
- Details of any amounts owing, including other loans, credit/store cards and overdrafts
- Proof of your employment and income (such as payslips)
- Proof of address
- Details of your rent and/or mortgage payments
Know your rate before you apply. It's quick and easy and won't affect your credit score.
Complete the 10-minute secure application process online or via phone (1300 108 794).
Send through any requested supporting documentation.
We'll aim to give you a decision within 5 hours. Funds in account next business day.
You can apply online and complete the online application in as little as 10 minutes. You’ll get your individual rate before you apply. Or you can apply over the phone (1300 108 794) by speaking with one of our friendly Lending Specialists.
Getting your individual rate is quick and easy and won’t affect your credit score. You will know your rate before you apply by clicking on and completing the online form on the get my rate page. You will receive your rate within one minute and this rate won’t change when you continue on and submit your online application.
Unfortunately at this time we do not accept applications for personal loan borrowers that have defaults on their credit report.
You can use your Pepper Money personal loan for almost all purposes. This could be anything from a holiday, home improvements, household furnishings, car purchase or repairs, auto upgrades, debt consolidation, educational expenses, medical and cosmetic surgery, dental surgery, mortgage cost funding, vehicle deposit funding, and even a wedding, funeral or sporting equipment.
We do not offer loans for the following purposes:
- Debt consolidation of Pay Day lender debts
- Mortgage and credit arrears
- Payment of defaults and judgements
- Loans for business purposes
Yes, however the way our application process works is we first allow you to access your individual rate for free without it affecting your credit score. If you decide to proceed to an application, a credit check will be done.
A secured loan is secured against an asset that you own. This will be your car or other vehicle that can be registered as security against the loan. That means if you fail to make repayments on a secured loan, the asset (the security) may be taken [repossessed] as part of the agreement and sold with the proceeds of the sale used to cover the outstanding balance on the loan. Due to these loans being secured against assets, consumers can often borrow more at a lower interest rate, in comparison to an unsecured loan.
An unsecured loan is simply a personal loan that is not secured against an asset. Unsecured loans are usually offered at lower borrowing amounts and with a higher interest rate.
Pepper Money offers both unsecured and secured personal loan products.
Once you’ve received full approval on your loan and we have received the necessary documentation, the funds will typically be transferred into your nominated bank account the next business day (subject to your bank’s direct credit processing times).
Your application can be retrieved here.
NOTE: You'll need your email address, date of birth and phone number handy.
If you're still having trouble, please contact us on 1300 108 794.