“Parties” means Pepper Finance Corporation Limited ABN 51 094 317 647, Pepper Homeloans Pty Limited ABN 86 092 110 079, Pepper Asset Finance Pty Limited ABN 56 165 183 317, Pepper Group Limited ABN 55 094 317 665 (and its other related bodies corporate and affiliates), Permanent Custodians Limited ABN 55 001 426 384 and, BNY Trust Company of Australia Limited ABN 49 050 294 052, any party who processes the loan application, financiers, manager and any agent of the lender who has an interest in the credit. In this privacy consent, “we”, “us” and “our” includes each of the Parties.
The Parties may collect, use, hold and disclose personal information, and credit-related information about you for the purposes of arranging or providing credit to you, assessing whether to accept a guarantee of credit from you, managing that credit, direct marketing of products and services by us, complying with laws and managing our relationship with you. We may collect this information from you or from third parties.
We are also required to collect your personal information to comply with our obligations under Australian law, including the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
Credit information includes information such as the type and amount of credit provided to you, repayment history information, default information (including overdue payments) and court information. Credit eligibility information is credit reporting information supplied to us by a credit reporting body, and any information that we derive from it. Collectively, we refer to this as ‘credit-related information’. Personal information includes any information or an opinion about you, from which you are, or may reasonably be, identified.
Consumer and commercial credit information We may exchange your commercial and consumer credit-related information with entities listed below to assess an application for consumer or commercial credit and manage that credit. In particular, we can obtain credit-related information about you from a CRB providing both consumer and commercial credit-related information.
Disclosure and exchange of information with credit providers We may exchange your personal information and credit-related information with other credit providers for the purposes of assessing your creditworthiness, credit standing, and credit history or credit capacity. In the event that we decline your application for credit, we may also disclose your personal information and credit-related information (including any credit report about you and any other credit eligibility information we hold about you) to Pepper Asset Finance Pty Limited ABN 56 165 183 317, Australian Credit Licence Number 458899 or to other related credit providers, for the purposes of arranging or providing credit to you.
Disclose information to guarantors We may disclose your personal information and credit-related information to any person who proposes to guarantee or has guaranteed repayment of any credit provided to you.
- The CRBs identified below
- Introducers including finance brokers, dealers, mortgage managers, and persons who assist us to, or jointly with us, provide our products and services to you
- Financial consultants, accountants, lawyers and advisers and representatives including executors, administrators, guardians, trustees and attorneys
- Any industry body, government authority, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint regarding the approval or management of your lease or loan – for example if a complaint is lodged about us
- Businesses and other entities assisting us with funding for leases and loans
- Entities to whom we outsource some of our functions
- External service providers (for example IT services, entities to help verify your identity, entities to help verify your income and expenditure, entities to help identify illegal activities and prevent fraud etc)
- Trade insurers, other insurers, valuers and debt collection agencies
- Any person where we are required by law to do so
- Any of our associates, related entities or contractors
- Your referees, such as your employer, to verify information you have provided
- Any person considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets
- Any organisation providing online verification of your identity
- Any person who is a supplier of an asset to you
- Fraud bureaus or other organisations to identify investigate or prevent fraud or other misconduct
- Security registration bodies
- Other persons who have an interest in the property offered to us as security
Customer identification So we can verify your identity, we may disclose your name, date of birth and address to an organisation providing verification of your identity, including CRBs, to request an assessment of whether that information matches information they hold in their files. The credit reporting body may prepare and provide us with that assessment and may use personal information about you and other individuals they hold. Alternative means of verifying your identity are available on request. Please call Pepper if you would like to use alternative means of verification.
Overseas Disclosure We may disclose your personal information, and credit-related information to overseas entities including related entities and service providers located overseas in the European Union, Asia Pacific or the United States of America. Overseas entities may be required to disclose information to relevant foreign authorities under a foreign law. More information on overseas disclosure may be found in the entities’ privacy policies.
Storage and Security We may store your personal information and credit-related information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage and will take reasonable steps to ensure its security. However, it is not always practicable to find out where your information may be accessed or held, as electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection.
Credit Reporting Bodies We may exchange your personal information and credit-related information with the following CRBs listed below. The information may be included in reports that the CRBs give other organisations (such as other lenders) to help them assess your credit worthiness. Some of the information may adversely affect your credit worthiness (for example if you have defaulted on your loan) and accordingly, may affect your ability to obtain credit from other lenders.
Veda Advantage Ltd -
Dun & Bradstreet (Australia) Pty Ltd -