Contemporary consolidation for IAG in Victoria
We provided project advisory and management services for the refurbishment of IAG’s Geelong premises at 37-41 Ryrie Street, Geelong. Although relatively small in scale, the project involved a number of complex elements, which included merging three previously separate businesses into one workplace.
The firm’s main objectives:
- Achieving business cost efficiencies by effective use of space
- The consolidation of three previously separate businesses (CGU, WFI, Workers Compensation) into one workplace
- Creating a contemporary workplace environment to support modern flexible working policies
The Pepper Property Solution
Pepper assisted IAG in forming a strategy and a project delivery model to refurbish an existing office building, while ensuring business continuity, all within a fast-tracked delivery of design and construction to meet key lease objectives. The strategy included:
- Temporary relocation of the existing business unit to another premises in Geelong
- Taking advantage of the empty premises by negotiating and undertaking major base building upgrade works with the landlord
- Upgrading the IT services to the premises (NBN rollout)
- A new fitout, including showers and bathroom facilities
The accelerated project delivery model required the development of a high functioning team environment, with open communication, and clear decision making processes. Relocating three separate business lines under one roof, and ensuring each of the key stakeholders’ requirements was addressed were critical to ensuring project success for IAG.
- By collaborating with a team of ‘best-in-class’ consultants, contractors and IAG’s stakeholders, a high-quality workplace, consistent with IAG’s objectives was delivered
- This resulted in a successful project that ensured consolidation of three outdated workplace environments, into a single contemporary workplace