The McKinsey & Company Challenge
Given the growth of McKinsey & Company in Australia they had a need to consolidate their Sydney premises at Aurora Place and reflect the evolution of their brand. They required a design that could deliver contemporary spaces for connectivity and collaboration whilst also offering the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. The Pepper Property team’s role involved providing independent assessment and advice on the project and then the progress and quality of work throughout the entire project lifecycle. This was motivated by an accelerated design & construction programme driven by lease expiry on one of the floors, and further complicated by the works having to occur while the business was operating. An excellent challenge.
The firm’s main objectives:
- To create a professional workplace with private and public work zones, encouraging a collaborative practice whilst also facilitating a high level of confidentiality
- Increase connectivity across multiple floors – the works included the installation of an internal feature stair linking main workspaces with the ‘Social Hub’ and front of house
- A connected workplace – design included the creation of a Social Hub and Staff Breakout space for use by staff and visitors
The Pepper Property Solution
A high quality workplace was delivered in a staged manner to meet McKinsey & Co’s objectives, producing a workplace that all parties involved are proud to showcase. The key success driver was the level of open and transparent communications between McKinsey, all consultants, and the contractor that allowed for project management to be productively collaborative, delivering consistent ongoing value as a result.
- A high quality workplace, with an aesthetic fully aligned to the values of Mckinsey & Company
- A design that complements a changing work culture
- Project management delivered in a ‘joint working style’, with the compilation of a closely integrated team of design consultants
- Effective staging of the fit-out, to allow McKinsey to continue to operate during construction with minimal disruption