Sydney start up hub Stone & Chalk up and running
Following the successful negotiation of their commitment to the Sydney Start-up Hub we managed the fitout and relocation of over 500 Stone & Chalk members from their outgrown premises at 50 Bridge Street into a new 4,600sqm facility located at Wynyard Green.
The firm’s main objectives:
- Secure circa 5,000sqm in the heart of the CBD close to corporate partners
- Preferably close to other start up activity
- A grade fit out without an A grade rent
- Non corporate high level fit out delivered within a restricted budget
The Pepper Property Solution
We were involved throughout the technical due diligence and lease negotiations stages and were subsequently engaged to assist Stone & Chalk with design management, procurement and management of the construction stage with occupation of the new premises.
Working with a highly motivated consulting team the project has recently completed, which included a staged handover being managed to facilitate relocation of members prior to completion of event spaces and internal stairs. The design was managed to suit a very tight budget, reflective of a not-for-profit organisation of this type.
- A cost effective design, with value engineering to further reduce cost and provision of advice in relation to sourcing of cost effective and (on occasion) donated ‘free of charge’ fixtures, fittings and furniture
- Fast tracked and compressed construction delivery phase
- Delivery of high density, flexible, collaborative space while complying with heritage and fire engineering requirements in a unique space