Stone & Chalk go national
Since inception in 2015, Stone & Chalk has been on a serious mission, to unite the Australian Fintech community against common adversaries, Singapore and Silicon Valley. To do this they wanted to develop world-leading Fintech start-up hubs in Australia’s two major cities. From day one we’ve worked alongside them to help make that goal a reality. First stop was the hugely successful Sydney hub, and then came the project for Melbourne.
The Client's main objectives:
- To support development of the Australian Fintech ecosystem
- To unite Fintech across Australia’s two major cities with the second Melbourne hub
- To partner with the Victorian Government to be located in the Victorian Innovation Hub (a start-up mega hub) in Docklands, Victoria
The Pepper Property Solution
Through provision of integrated real estate advisory services, we were able to assist Stone & Chalk to become the Victorian Government’s preferred start-up hub provider. This involved advising on all project delivery risks during negotiation of the lease agreement, as well as working with the Victorian Government’s design and construction team to structure the delivery of the fitout to ensure the unique requirements of a densely populated, collaborative environment containing multiple businesses was catered for.
- Innovative lease structuring and project delivery model
- Successful team environment achieved between public and private sector members
- A unique build with heritage overlay, connecting the Melbourne hub strongly to Sydney
Spreading Stone & Chalk’s capabilities between two major Australian start-up hubs was required to cement their position as the leading Fintech hub within the Asia Pacific region.