The Sydney Catholic Schools Challenge
A need was identified to establish a new Catholic School in the south western growth area of Austral, NSW. Sydney Catholic Schools approached Pepper to help with the delivery of the new school, which was facing a number of hurdles to get up and running.
The firm’s main objectives:
- Complete the school construction to aggressive deadlines
- Deliver on a functional cost efficient design
- Manage key stakeholders and risks
- Ensure a project based on and delivering to the values of Sydney Catholic School and the Church
The Pepper Property Solution
Pepper has a long history of assisting some of Australia’s leading education clients with their development strategies and delivery of projects. The challenges being faced by the Austral project were familiar. The immediate focus was to resolve delays and re-engineer the project to ensure a solution was delivered within the committed timeframe. Scope within the Austral assignment also included master planning for the long-term future of the site. A key initial step was to quickly establish formal processes for a change management process wherein any change requests were controlled and managed efficiently and to create a risk management system to ensure ongoing monitoring and early intervention on any emerging issues. This plus regular communications and updates to the school administration, plus a values based approach to the project ensured a successful outcome.
- A functional, attractive and cost efficient design
- An issues escalation and risk management system
- A project delivery environment for all participants that was in concert with the values of Sydney Catholic School and the Church
Sydney Catholic Schools has since engaged Pepper to work on a number of other major developments across NSW.
The team loves the challenge.